WanderingArtistWanderingArtist

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

Video Game Medley Video Game Medley

Fast-Paced. Frentic. Nice.

And here I thought I was too young for nostalgia. A wonderful reworking of some beloved videogame themes, bravo sir. I especially enjoyed the rendition of the Green Hill Zone which I saw so very much of in Sonic. Other than my praise I don't have much more to give. The pace was nice, the music flowed, and all is good with the world.

*+*+(Sonata of Light)+*+* *+*+(Sonata of Light)+*+*

Impressive

A nice composition, a light and airy melody quite befitting of the title you have given it. Still, I do have a bit of a problem with the harmony. At least I think that's what they call the line played on the bass cleft, I never was a pianist. As has been said, the baseline seems a bit repetitive, as if you wrote a single section and played that section only again and again. I could just emptily suggest changing it up a bit, but I'll up the ante and suggest perhaps inverting the note patterns every two bars or so. Maybe even have the sequence play one to two notes higher sometimes. That usually varies things nicely. I hope I didn't come off as too impertinent. I really did enjoy it for the most part.

Chronamut responds:

the lowre 2 octaves kind of cancel each other out in palces - there is actually a bit of diversity but parts of it appear to lose their presence.. ah well.

Also this song is 4 octaves - keep in mind that more variation might mean this song owuld be impossible to PLAY hehehe :P

thanks for the review!