WanderingArtistWanderingArtist

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

Endeavour Endeavour

Quite Endearing.

I have to say, I was rather surprised with how quickly this drew me in. For being a relatively short animation you sure were able to create some impressive emotional depth. A sort of quiet depth, if you will. The animation style was simple, but also quite unique with your use of solid colors and outlines. I'm not sure what they indicate, but I found it something to muse over in the back of my mind as I watched. The story was nice and simple for such a short film, but has just enough breadth to it to invite multiple viewings.

On the other side of things, I must praise the decision to use minimal sound effects and the complete absence dialogue. With such a quiet and subtle tune, such things might have distracted, but instead you've managed to make the animation speak to the music without overshadowing it. An excellent fusion of the visual and aural. Despite the somewhat somber palette and tone, I find this oddly heartwarming and adorable piece something to come back to.

Legend of Miyamoto Legend of Miyamoto

An Enjoyable Retrospective.

Although I had hoped going into the movie to see it all done in your style, I was pleasantly surprised by the customized Miyamoto sprites traveling through the various Nintendo worlds. The switch from sprites back to your own style for the introductions and endings of each world certainly helped the quality though. Only the ending seemed to slow up a bit for me, and not quite keeping the same level of quality as the rest of the piece. Still, an enjoyable romp. Honestly though, the most surprising thing for me in this piece was just how well the audio and the Nintendo visuals meshed.

The Homeless Vagabond The Homeless Vagabond

Stylish.

You sir, have crafted an excellent example of stylized animation. The uniqueness of the character design and the way you make them move so fluidly in each of these forms is truly impressive. The monochromatic thing you had going didn't hurt either. I hope you consider producing more work suffused in this visual style.

Of course it would be remiss if I were to not note the music in this piece. The animation and music were synchronized quite well, nearly to the point of being perfect. Forgive me for saying, but in this regard, the introduction to the animation, before meeting the vagabond, seems stronger than afterward in this. Still, overall you have a very successful piece here.

Hanna in a Choppa Hanna in a Choppa

Simple and Fun.

I probably spent more time playing this than I should have, but it was just that enjoyable. That orange colored world held me fixated for quite a while, so you have most definitely succeeded in creating something simplistically addicting. Of course, now that I am done I am left musing: if only there were more.

CMU responds:

There may be more in the future. Keep your fingers crossed...

Video Game Medley Video Game Medley

Fast-Paced. Frentic. Nice.

And here I thought I was too young for nostalgia. A wonderful reworking of some beloved videogame themes, bravo sir. I especially enjoyed the rendition of the Green Hill Zone which I saw so very much of in Sonic. Other than my praise I don't have much more to give. The pace was nice, the music flowed, and all is good with the world.

*+*+(Sonata of Light)+*+* *+*+(Sonata of Light)+*+*

Impressive

A nice composition, a light and airy melody quite befitting of the title you have given it. Still, I do have a bit of a problem with the harmony. At least I think that's what they call the line played on the bass cleft, I never was a pianist. As has been said, the baseline seems a bit repetitive, as if you wrote a single section and played that section only again and again. I could just emptily suggest changing it up a bit, but I'll up the ante and suggest perhaps inverting the note patterns every two bars or so. Maybe even have the sequence play one to two notes higher sometimes. That usually varies things nicely. I hope I didn't come off as too impertinent. I really did enjoy it for the most part.

Chronamut responds:

the lowre 2 octaves kind of cancel each other out in palces - there is actually a bit of diversity but parts of it appear to lose their presence.. ah well.

Also this song is 4 octaves - keep in mind that more variation might mean this song owuld be impossible to PLAY hehehe :P

thanks for the review!